3D printing represents a real-world example of how technology can help companies build relationships with their customers through more direct, customized interactions and tailored services.
3D printing provides opportunities for companies to venture into new landscape of mass customization, unlock new revenue streams through on-demand production, and extend support for the parts that consumers buy at low volumes.
The benefits of 3D printing are:
1. Allows complex and unique parts to be produced instantly – on-demand manufacturing technology
2. Produce parts of superior complexity than standard manufacturing process
3. Eliminates tooling, molding and set-up cost – without economies of scale
4. Produces less waste compared to traditional manufacturing methods
5. Environmental friendly – recyclable materials and can produce on need basis